Ebbert Fitness Fun

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Goals

I've been doing better at exercising regularly, so I decided to set some goals. My long term goal is to lose four inches off of my butt. I'm pretty sure that all of my excess fat decided to settle there. I'm going to shoot for losing one inch over the next three months. Besides that specific goal, I just want to tone up and get more muscle definition. Finally, and this goal might seem silly to you guys, but I want to be able to touch my toes without bending my knees. I have some of the tightest hamstrings out of anyone I know. I estimate that my fingertips are still about six inches from my toes when I try to touch them. I think my tight hamstrings contribute to some of my lower back problems. That and my bad posture. I think this last goal could take awhile, so I'm not going to set a time limit. I just wanted to write my goals out so that I have incentive and can track my progress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Ann said...

I think they are great goals, April. I agree that tight muscles are the cause of many back problems. My video with back exercises is mostly stretching to get all muscles working well and together. Good Luck!

10/5/06 1:12 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Some good goals April. I read something the other day that said the best time to stretch and gain flexibility is after you have exercised because your muscles are warm. Also, I have had some success going to a good chiropractor. You might see what they could do for you. Can't wait to see how muscular you are in 2 months!

10/5/06 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home