Ebbert Fitness Fun

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year Update

My favorite part of a new year is definitely a chance to have a clean slate and fresh start on working toward goals. I thought I would post my physical goals here, since that's what this blog is all about, right?

All the goals I have set for this year are really all things to lead to reaching my goal weight (my highest goal). This means I have between 30 & 40 pounds to lose, no small feat by any means. I'm working on cementing in a habit of consistent exercise (4-5 days/week of cardio and 2-3 days of weights). I'm working on eating healthier and overcoming my tendency to eat as a reaction to stress, anger, etc. I made a goal to not eat any food after 8 p.m. And to help with all of this, I have made a goal to follow the whole "early to bed, early to rise" adage. For anyone who knows me, this is a VERY difficult goal for me. I have an extremely difficult time going to bed early and waking up early (no matter how much sleep I have gotten). So far I don't think I've managed my 10:30 bedtime yet, but I'm getting closer at least! Maybe 30 years from now I will become a morning person! (and maybe not!)

My progress: I'm happy to report great success so far with my goals. Todd and I have been working very hard on exercise. I am 100% for cardio, doing an average of 35-40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical 5 days last week, and 2 days so far this week. I've been walking Alia to school every day as well. I've been sticking to my rule of no food after 8 p.m. - no matter how hungry I am. When I weighed myself this morning, I was down 5 lbs. So I'm happy with that and am determined to continue improving. I'm still trying to work on a specific schedule of times to do everything to help the whole habit thing.

Anyway, I'm always thankful for an opportunity to start over. How is everyone else doing?

1 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Ann said...

Congrats on getting going early this year. We are in planning on buying an elliptical in hopes that it will be gentle on my knees and my back. I really need to start doing back stregthening exercises. That would probably do me the most good.

11/1/07 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home