Ebbert Fitness Fun

Monday, February 05, 2007

End of the Month Report

So, overall I was happy with my progress in January. I lost a total of 7 lbs. and was successful in creating my habit of consistent exercise. This is definitely the most consistent I have been in many years. I achieved my goal of doing 35-40 minutes of cardio 4-5 times/week. Between Todd and myself, we are definitely getting our money's worth out of our elliptical.

This month I am hoping to improve in the healthy eating category. It's funny because I actually feel very good about the way my family eats as far as meals, snacks, etc. Everything I buy for meals and snacks is generally ultra-healthy. We only eat whole wheat, whole grains, and TONS of fresh fruits and veggies. We don't eat out very much. We drink tons of water (especially Todd and I). Even my kids eat more servings of fruit/veggies in a day than most grown adults. I feel like we do very well in this area. The problems comes in with...yeah, the goodies. I have mentioned before that I love to bake. I enjoy the process, we all love the finished product. So we eat way too many cookies and other treats as a result of this hobby. So we're going to try to cut back in that category. Wish us luck - we'll need it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Apeface said...

Sounds like you're doing great. I think being consistent with exercise it the hardest part. Good job!

5/2/07 9:25 AM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

You go girl!!! Congratulations! We bought an elliptical and we all have been enjoying it. I have been doing better than normal me, but still not nearly as good as you.

5/2/07 8:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

D, where did you get your elliptical and how much did it cost (if you dont' mind me asking?) I have found a few on craigslist for super cheap but I don't know how good they are, or if it even matters because I would assume it should work just the same as expensive ones!

23/2/07 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home