Ebbert Fitness Fun

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Monday's weigh in

Well, I lost 2 lbs when I weighed in on Monday. If I remeber correctly I have now lost about 10 lbs. That is pretty exciting, but I still get discouraged if I look in the other direction and realize how much I still have to go, and also realize that there are a lot of things that I won't be able to, or shouldn't eat (at least not very often) FOREVER if I hope to keep the weight off. It has also been hard because this past 2 weeks or so have been very stressful as Greg was called to be the bishop. I sure have become acutely aware what an emotional eater I am. I am taking suggestions on how to change that if anyone has any ideas.

I have felt better about my exercising. I still have a long ways to go, but I have loved having the treadmill. It is very convenient. Right now I feel good that I have been doing that about twice a week. In addition my Change One book suggests getting outside more and adding extra steps in your day, like parking a little farther away from the store or taking the stairs instead of the elevator; I have been trying to do those things. I mowed our huge lawn last week for the first time since we have moved here. Anyway, I know I still have a long ways to go, but I feel like I am improving at least a little bit. I hope everyone else is doing well. It sure is hard to make changes like this that last.

5 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Tammy, that's fantastic! You are really on a roll. I have been backstepping because of moving and graduation. Haven't exercised in about a week. Blah! Well, keep it up.

24/5/06 6:27 PM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

Hooray for Tammy!! Good job. I spent too much time looking back so I haven't done anything lately. I am trying to find my old weight watchers books before I go grocery shopping so I can plan a better menu. If you find the key to emotional eating let me know!

25/5/06 7:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow 10 lbs sounds GREAT! Way to go! Sounds like you are doing a good job... even though it's hard! I'm glad I don't have to be worrying about losing/maintaining weight right now. I just have to make sure I don't gain too much!

25/5/06 8:21 AM  
Blogger GmaGpa said...

As you continue to lose you start to get focused on what you've lost instead of how far you have to go. After awhile the feeling of deprivation gets less. I'm happy because I didn't gain any weight at Todd and Dee's. It wasnt because the food was lacking, its just being careful (altho not on graduation day)It is exciting to see your progress. Love G'ma

25/5/06 8:26 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

That's awesome Tammy!!! 10 pounds is a huge step! Way to go. I'm totally with you on the emotional eating thing. I didn't use to be that way at all. It's only been over the last several years that I have noticed that I have become a very big emotional eater. That has been my biggest road block in losing weight - I'm still trying to figure out a way to overcome it. Things have been rough for me with losing weight the last while with everything that has been going on. Also, because we are to the point where we are eating some things in New Haven for the "last time" before me move. It will definitely be nice to get settled in La Crosse and back to more of a routine where I can focus on it more. Keep up the good work!

25/5/06 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home