Ebbert Fitness Fun

Friday, July 14, 2006

Here I am!

Alright, I'm finally going to start posting on this blog... I was waiting at first to announce we were expecting, and then I was just putting it off after that.

I seem to be gaining weight a little faster this time around. I know it's still not a problem because of my size and the doctor hasn't said a thing about it... but it doesn't make me feel good. I don't feel like I've gained that much for as small as my tummy is, but I guess it's going somewhere. I was even letting myself be okay with it thinking I was having a boy so he might be bigger anyway... well, that's not the case and I'm not even measuring big like I was always with Kathryn. So, no more excuses.

With Kathryn, I worked out to a pregnancy video and actually enjoyed it. I don't feel like it does a whole lot, but it makes me feel really good and like I'm doing something. I did it for probably 4 months in the middle of the pregnancy. Anyway, I have no idea if it helped at all, but this week I decided to start it again. I'd like to do it every day, but I'm just starting with 3 times a week for now. Of course I know it's important to gain weight, but it's also important to be healthy and fit.

I'm not sure about the food part yet. I am just now getting my sweet tooth back and I give in to my cravings. At the beginning I was far too hungry all the time to watch what I ate... I needed to eat something, anything, when I was hungry or I'd be sick. But, I mostly ate good snacks anyway, not cookies or anything because they wouldn't fill me up! Now I am passed that and it should be easier to eat better. But I don't know where to start. So, I will just watch my sweets intake for now and work on exercising.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Way to go Sarah! It is hard to exercise when you are pregnant, especially when you are feeling so tired. Also, with Ben I would get severe cramps every time I would even walk very far. It was terrible! I think it does help you feel better though.

As for your sweet tooth, that is also a tough one when you are pregnant. You sort of feel like you are entitled to just about anything! Good luck. I am glad that you are posting.

Happy Birthday!! You can indulge a little on your birthday.

16/7/06 5:50 PM  
Blogger Apeface said...

I think resisting bad food is one of the harder parts of getting healthy. It just tastes so good!

19/7/06 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home