Ebbert Fitness Fun

Monday, July 10, 2006

A rough week

I had a rough diet week this week. I ate chips, a cinnamon roll, two root beer floats and Greg and I went to Fuddrucker's on a date (and I didn't even consider a salad!). I only exercised 3 days this week (although I did do one day of strength as well). I felt guilty all week for what I had eaten and it just made me feel depressed, which in turn made me want to eat MORE of what I know I shouldn't eat. I was amazed to see that when I stepped on the scale I hadn't gained anything. I will take that as an undeserved miracle. I am trying to get back on track this week. I can't touch those bad for me foods or I CRAVE them! It is so hard just to have a little of what I could eat 4 or 5 times the amount of what I am supposed to have. I want to lose weight, but sometimes I also want to pig out and not worry about it! Sigh... Today I am doing better. I exercised this morning and ate a good healthy lunch and breakfast. Wish me a better week this week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You seem to have a lot of determination despite how hard it is. I am amazed at how well you are doing! It would take me forever to not crave some things. Luckily, we aren't too bad with junk food, but every now and then I can't resist. I know it's hard, but keep it up... you are so close!

10/7/06 11:53 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Good luck! I'm with you all the way. One thing I have learned about myself over the last few years is that I have become a very emotional eater. I did not used to be that way. It is something that has happened post thyroid problems and children. My problem is that whenever I feel stressed or depressed I automatically start craving (as in feeling like I will die if I don't get it) things that are very bad for me. It's an emotional band-aid, if you will. And, well, let's just be honest and say that this whole parenting thing is very stressful for me much of the time (especially lately) and when my thyroid cycles off (which is every 2 months), I feel very depressed and even more stressed out.
Todd has been able to get to the point at times where he doesn't crave bad things at all. I can't say that I have EVER felt like that. Even when I have gone for long periods of time eating super healthy and exercising, etc. I have never felt that.
Sorry for the rant..it's just so frustrating. But, like you, I've had a good day today of exercising and eating well, so let's hope the heavens are listening and can help me continue it.

10/7/06 12:35 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Well, I have lost those cravings before, but really my problem is motivation. I am motivated to exercise, but I really am only partially motivated to eat well. So, when I don't eat well, I continue to crave those things.

Isn't it interesting that the best way to squash the cravings is to NOT indulge them rather than to indulge them.

10/7/06 4:25 PM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

You can do it, I know you can. The hardest thing for me is when I don't see a big difference so I give up. Don't give up, you are doing so well. I will get your book this next week and we can talk about it when you come.

13/7/06 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home