Ebbert Fitness Fun

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back again

Hey there everyone. I have really missed everyone's posts. Maybe now things are a little back to normal, I will be posting more often. Fortunately I didn't gain on vacation, but it sure was harder to eat well when I wasn't at home. It isn't as fun going out to eat when all you can order is a salad. It gets old. I am doing well since we got home and I have a new goal. From the time we got home from vacation until the end of October, I want to lose 20 more lbs. I have already lost 4 or 5 so I think that will make it a reachable goal. I continue to use the Change One diet and I am exercising 4 or 5 times a week. Still no strength training though. It is not something I enjoy and it seems so slow, it is hard for me to want to do it, let alone, actually doing it. What works for you guys?

Some of the funnest things that have happened are that I got to pull out a box of clothes that I haven't been able to wear since before I was pregnant with Lizzy, and now they fit! It was so awesome to be able to do that. Also, FINALLY, when I got back from vacation, people started to notice that I was losing weight. I have been waiting and waiting. I can't believe that it has taken 20-25 lbs. before people started to notice. I feel proud of myself, but I still have to remember there is more ahead and that these are changes I will have to keep most my life if I am to stay thinner and healthier. Another one that is good psychologically is that I finally moved from the obese category to the overweight category on the BMI charts I have. I don't know why, but that is so gratifying to me.

Anyway, things are going well. I do find myself bored with the treadmill sometimes, so i need to see if I can't find some way to fix that. I also still have cravings for things that aren't good for me. I hope those will go away someday! I would love to hear how you guys are doing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Apeface said...

Sounds like you're doing well even with an irregular schedule. I do have a suggestion for weight training. Why not get those weight armbands like Mom used to have? You can run on the treadmill and do some strength training at the same time. Maybe get some for your ankles too. It won't cover all your muscle groups, but it would still help a lot. Also, you should post a picture! It's exciting that you've lost so much and it would be fun too see what you look like now.

23/8/06 11:43 AM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

April, I can tell you that Tammy looks good. I can't believe her ward didn't notice before. I think it is amazing that you did so well on vacation and that you still have such big plans. I am going to look for the Change One book again tomorrow (my first day off in forever!). I would be ecstatic to leave the "morbidly obese" category, so to leave obesity altogether is TERRIFIC!!

23/8/06 5:52 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Keep up the good work Tamatha! I have some treadmill suggestions for you. I would say get an mp3 player - you can get everything from music to scriptures in mp3 format these days. Or if you don't want to spend the big bucks on an mp3 player, you could probably get a CD player walkman for like 10 or 15 bucks and get music or books on CD or something to listen while you work the treadmill. And if you don't like either of those suggestions, you could always try choreographing a little treadmill dance like that video Todd posted.

26/8/06 6:44 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

When I run on the treadmill I turn on the closed captioning on the TV, but I realize in your bedroom that might not be a possibility.

27/8/06 6:27 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

That's so awesome Tammy that you didn't gain on your vacation...that is always so difficult for me. The only thing that keeps me from being bored while on the treadmill/elliptical is listening to a book on tape, reading, or watching a movie with closed captioning, like Mark mentioned. If I don't have those things I have absolutely no motivation to do it because I can't handle the boredom and it seems like each minute lasts an hour!

30/8/06 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home