Ebbert Fitness Fun

Monday, August 28, 2006

Todd's Weight Loss Plan

Well, I am proud to report to you today that I have lost a total of 7 pounds in the past four weeks!  I have not been overly aggressive in trying to lose weight; my focus has mainly been on eating "right" and exercising as much as possible.  This has been a chronic process, so why the sudden weight loss?

Well, I have come up with two reasons.  First is my work environment.  The bad is that I work 80 hours a week, sleep less than I should and have nary a minute to pee much less eat.  (One day, when you feel like you have to pee before bed, get out of bed and don't stay awake not allowing yourself to pee until about 4AM.  Yep, this is my life.)  The good is that I walk like crazy around the hospital all day long and Gundersen provides me with lots of healthy food to eat (and some unhealthy food too.)  I always have a salad and some fruit at lunch and I have made a concious effort to eat small portions of the main dish.  When I'm on call it's even better as I can eat anything I want from the dining room.  Yesterday for dinner I had a roasted chicken breast, a salad, a bowl of strawberries and a bowl of grapes.

The second reason I can think of is my two weeks of anxiety every time I put anything in my mouth!  This tooth feels like it's dangling by a thread and I really don't want it to come out at the wrong time.  So now I have to really want to eat to push me above the anxiety threshhold.  

I think I will write a book about my methods and retire.  The Dr. Ebbert Really Really New Diet Revolution in partnership with some of my dentist friends...

My health goals at this point are really more about shape than weight, so I will keep doing what I'm doing right now with the addition of a little bit of weight lifting and we'll see how things go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Hey. Wow. Good for you Todd. 7 lbs. is great! I am not sure about your plan however. I don't think it would catch on too quickly if you tried to sell it. I am not willing to live in fear of my tooth falling out just so I won't eat.

30/8/06 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home